Saturday, August 11, 2012

Oyakodon for Dinner!

Cooked dinner for my boys, Oyakodon, Simmered Chicken with rice. its actually very easy to cook this dish.

read some recipe on Oyakodon and it will always prompt this Seasoning called Mirin, Rice wine. how i manage to cooked this from this recipe here from my friend.

beat 2 eggs

i stir fried this onion instead, because i didn't want to add them in with all the rest of the ingredients as my son do not like this.

simmer the chicken with the carrot, i've added in 2tbsp of Mirin, 2tbsp of light soya sauce, 2tbsp of sugar, 3/4 cup of water. my carrot was kinda hard as i think i didnt simmer long enough.

Pour in the eggs and simmer for a few mins. I've taken part of this and put onto the steam rice for my boy and the rest i continue to simmer together with the stir fried onion for my dear..

Prepare the cooked rice

and put all the  ingredients on top of the steam rice, and its ready to eat!

Verdict: Dear said its nice, my son said that the carrot too hard, i tried a spoon ful, i felt that the chicken was kinda hard, maybe i cooked to long?...

ingredients i used:
  • 2tbsp of Mirin
  • 2tbsp of light soya sauce
  • 2tbsp of sugar
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • Half shredder carrot
  • 1 whole while onion
  • 1 boneless chicken leg, i remove all the skins
  • 1 cup of steam rice
all this ingredients are enough to feed 2 people.

No comments: