Sunday, August 12, 2012

2nd attempt Steamed Pandan Sponge Cake, PASSED

This is my 2nd attempt in making this Steamed Pandan cake, i failed doing it the 1st time here. today i tried making this but i did WRONG again =( instead of using 1½ cup of self rising flour i saw wrong what i type and used only ½ cup of self rising flour, so the first batch i'll have to thrown them away =(

i learnt how to make this Steamed Pandan Sponge Cake here. its REALLY very easy to make and i LOVE them so much! i can eat them all day long!

anyway i did it the 2nd batch and yes!! i PASSED!! im so HAPPY!!

Ingredients i used:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1½ cup of self rising flour, Sifted
  • ⅔ cup of Sugar
  • 50ml of Sprite
  • 1tsp of Pandan Paste

this are all my Ingredients

my Sprite and Pandan Paste

1st i use my electric mixer to beat the eggs until light and frothy

then i add in the sugar and mixer well

add in the Pandan paste

follow by the self rising flour 

This is my 1st batch i think cant use this SOFT cupcakes cups to baked as the steam will make this cups very soft and they cant rise well.

this is the 1st batch which i did only using ½ cup of self rising flour, FAIL!

then i try again using a different baking cup also FAIL!

end up i pour all the mixer into my Glasslock and steam them for 15mins

with the towel on to prevent the water droplet from falling onto the cake

i see that yet it still did not rise =(

so watery inside, hence i thrown away this and made my 2nd batch =( when you read your recipe wrongly this is what happen =( 

my 2nd batch, turn out PERFECT! see! it RISE! for this mixer, im only able to make 7 cups of this.

i peel the cup off so that there is better view of how it look like.

 the inside of my cake

I'm gotta make more at night to bring to office to share with my colleagues!

No comments: