Thursday, June 23, 2011

FINALLY! got my flat!

YES! today is the day! the day i FINALLY waited for! my rental flat is here! ok this is wat actually happened before im able to get this flat...

  • September 2010 i went to my hse MP to seek for help regrading on me being able to rent a rental flat from the government here
  • 2 weeks later after i went to see the MP i got a letter from HDB to say that they had receive the request from my MP about my rental flat which i thought was very fast of them
  • 1 week later i receive a letter from HDB saying that i was unable to apply as i do not meet the proper family nucleus but is was impossible as i was already separated from my ex for 3 years but just that now we are going thru our divorce so i called them up and told them about it but they were saying that they cant do anything as im not officially divorce yet
  • Oct 2010 i still decided to go down to HDB to ask them if they can help me on it but indeed they said that there is nothing they could do until i got my divorce finalized with my child in my custody
  • Feb 2011 my divorce was finally finalized! i went to HDB to applied for the rented flat again and they told me that i need to wait from 6-8months or even a year for it
  • March 2011 receive a letter from HDB saying that im accepted in the area that i wanted for my rental flat
  • May 2011 i went to my area MP again to seek him help on this and he again wrote a letter to HDB for me
  • June 2011 i receive a letter from HDB asking me to go down to pick my unit and to collect the key! this is the MOST happy moment of my life!
my Q number.. waiting time is the KILLING part! my tummy FULL of butterflies!

my letter which got me SUPER DUPER HAPPY!!

my house keys!!!

this is where our sleeping area is going to be..

the living area..

my kitchen..

Bathroom..

our washing machine will be here..

my ah bui..

my baobei!

our highest floor flat! first time staying this high!

ok start to do measurement liao..

the view from my flat..

school so nearby..

my opp block..

yeah! 16th floor!! hehe

the church near my house..

once we are settle down, every sunday this is where we will be going!


im very happy with my cosy small flat, nothing fanciful, nothing grand but it's something which I've long wanted.. A Home of my own at last! All thanks to God for answering my prayers.

No comments: