Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homemade Yoghurt using Soy milk and Sheep yoghurt

my FIRST Homemade Yoghurt! i learn from Cuisine Paradise which i find its the MOST easy recipe to make this yoghurt. i didnt use what she did as i wanted to make mine free from daily product and sugar.

my ingredients where:

500ml of Organica Soy Milk, $5.35
3tbsp of Plain Sheep Yoghurt. brought this at Jason Supermarket at Raffles City for $11.25

my Organica Soy Milk

Look at the ingredients: Organic Soymilk, Whole Organic Soybeans, Sea Salt. They do not have any dairy product or sugar.

i tried a sip of it and yeah taste kind weird but im ok with it as i always drink soymilk without sugar.

Meredith Natural Sheep Yoghurt

Ingredients: Pasteurised Sheep Milk and Live Yoghurt Cultures

How it look like inside

Can you see? It look very THICK very unlike normal Dairy Yoghurt.

Below are the method I did.

Firsty i boiled the Soy milk, till there is steam and bubbles and remove from heat. let it cool till lukewarm and dip your finger in and if you can leave your finger there for a few seconds then its time to put in the yoghurt.

i use 3tbsp of Sheep Yoghurt and mix till all the yoghurt are mix well together with the milk.

i pour all the mixer into my Glasslock container and leave it for 8-10hours

my end result! very WEIRD! got a LOT of water on top.

i scoop using my spoon, very WATERY and taste SOUR. or is it suppose to be sour?...

 I think i shouldn't have use Soy Milk, maybe not to creamy and thick. will try again using other type of milk and see how.

No comments: